Last month, Governor J.B. Pritzker announced that his Illinois reopening plan consist of 5 Phases. Currently, the entire state of Illinois has moved on to Phase 3. Chicago was the last area of the state to move to the next phase, as Chicago opened up on June 3rd.
Here's what's changing during Phase 3 of the Illinois reopening plan
- Bars and restaurant can reopen with outdoor seating. Since not every restaurant and bar has a patio, Gov. Pritzker is encouraging mayors to help restaurants and bars expand outdoor seating options.
- Gathering in groups of 10 people or less is now allowed. Picnics, boating and going on a walks with nine other friends will be allowed.
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts will reopen with new safety precautions and capacity limits. Golf courses will allow foursomes out on the same tee times. There will be guidelines for other outdoor recreational businesses, such as driving ranges, outdoor shooting ranges and paintball courses.
- All Illinois state parks will be open to the public once again. With new staffing restrictions and safety measures, visitors can hike, camp and enjoy nature while observing social distancing measures. Also, concession providers inside of state parks will be able to reopen under the same guidelines as restaurants.
- Barbershops, tattoo parlors and nail salons will reopen. With new safety measures and capacity limits in place, some salons are considering pre-appointment waivers and temperature checks.
- Gyms, health clubs and fitness studios will offer one-on-one training. Its unclear what the capacity limits will be but trainers can also host outdoor fitness classes with up to 10 people.
- Retail business will begin allowing in-person shopping. There will be new safety precautions for staff and shoppers and capacity limits in place.
Although restrictions are being loosened, the virus has not gone away. We should continue to wash our hands, practice social distancing, wear face coverings and use caution.Carolina Macedo, the author, is Project Coordinator of Marketing Keys. She is looking great after a trip to the salon before her date with some al fresco dining.